Sweetwater Gondola is now open! Come ride our newest addition to Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.
Jackson Hole Mountain Resort is excited to announce the addition of a new gondola. The Sweetwater Gondola is located between the Bridger Gondola and Teewinot High Speed Quad and has a mid-station approximately a third of the way up the mountain in the Solitude area, then continues up to terminate just uphill of the Casper Restaurant.
Sweetwater Gondola Facts:
- 1276' Vertical Rise
- Horizontal length is 4195'
- 8-person cabin
- Ride time from bottom to mid is just over 2 minutes (2.3 min) and to top is approximately 7.5 min
- 2,000 people per hour lift capacity
- Replaces Eagles Rest and Sweetwater Chairlifts
- Will service new enhanced ski school facility, called Solitude
- Will open for the 2016/17 Winter Season
The new Sweetwater Gondola is a significant capital investment, part of a broader and sustained capital investment strategy to ensure a world class experience for Jackson Hole Mountain Resort guests.
The new Sweetwater Gondola will also support several specific objectives:
- To significantly increase out of the base area capacity
- To provide access to a new and enhanced children’s ski school facility located in the Solitude mid station area.
- Provides a closed carrier for the first lift ride
- Kid’s instructors may ride with an entire class
- Quicker access to the Casper area for all groups and significantly better than before
- A gondola was chosen as the best conveyance to allow easy and safe uploading and downloading.