Getting Around in Jackson HoleIf you are staying in Teton Village, you will inevitably travel to town to do some shopping, and if you are staying in town, you will need to get to and from the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. Jackson Hole has a public transportation system called the START Bus that is a cheap and efficient way to travel around the valley. A one-way trip from the town of Jackson to Teton Village is $3.00 per person. If you plan on renting a car, there are some things you should know:
- 1. Summer parking is free in Teton Village.
2. The town of Jackson has free parking.
3. The valley is flat, so unless you are planning to head out and explore on dirt roads, it is not necessary to rent a 4WD vehicle. Please discuss your requirements with the rental car company.
4. If you decide not to get a car, you can take wildlife and scenic tours to get into Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks. Most guiding services will pick you up where you are staying.
5. Jackson Hole is a great place to ride bicycles. Road and mountain biking are popular activities during the summer months, and we have an extensive pathway network that runs throughout the valley. Visit one of our bike shops to learn more about the pathways and rental bikes. Folks staying in town can visit Hoback Sports, and those visitors in Teton Village may visit Teton Village Sports or Jackson Hole Sports.